Superior Pools recognizes the importance of doing a project with
safety being a priority.
Member Of The Following Organizations:
Associated Builders & Contractors
Construction Association of NC
United Pools and Spas Association
NC Spa & Pool Association
Home Builders Association
Better Business Bureau
Safety Programs & Staff:
In-house Safety Director
Weekly toolbox meetings
First Aid Training
Fleet Safety Program
Pool Safety Tips
Every year about 43,000 people are injured in and around
swimming pools and more than 600 people drown in home or
public pools. Half of the pool fatalities occur in the
yards of single-family homes.
are some pool safety tips you should follow:
1. Never leave small children unsupervised–even
for a few seconds.
2. Put fencing around the pool area to keep people
from using the pool without your knowledge.
3. Keep children away from pool filters, as the
suction force may injure them or prevent them from
4. Be sure all pool users know how to swim. Learners
should be accompanied by a good swimmer.
5. Don’t swim alone or allow others to swim alone.
6. Check the pool area regularly for glass
bottles, toys or other potential accident hazards.
7. Keep CD players, radios and other electrical
devices away from pools or nearby wet surfaces.
8. Don’t allow anyone who has been drinking
alcohol to use the pool.
9. Stay out of the pool during rain or lightning
10. Never dive into an above-ground pool and check
the water depth before plunging into an
in-ground pool. Keep clear of the area near a diving
11. Don’t swim if you’re tired or have just
to view More Pool Safety Resources